Dating and finding the kind of relationship you really want has changed a lot in the last 30 years. When all it takes is a swipe of a finger to find potential partners who could be “the one,” or even just a one-night stand, finding new singles and dating is pretty sweet and easy with a dating app. Whether you’re still discovering your sexual orientation, you want to try casual dating, you want a serious relationship, or you’re just trying to find a hookup, there’s a dating app for you. That said, just because dating apps are ubiquitous for modern dating, they’re not the only option for finding your next relationship. If you’ve been striking out for a while, you might want to look to the stars to find your next best match. Here are five types of guys you may be attracted to (or not) based on your star sign.
Guy #1: The No-Strings-Attached Date
When you’re looking to flirt and try casual dating for a hookup, dating apps may just be your best friend. Depending on the app you choose, you can literally search for your next long-term relationship, or make it clear you want nothing more than a one-night stand. This dating option is best for hot and resilient water sign Scorpio, Sun-ruled fire sign Leo, and ruled-by-Venus earth sign Taurus who is a total pleasure seeker.
That said, it’s not such a great option for passionate fire sign Aries who hates unnecessary nuances, Jupiter-ruled fire sign Sagittarius who wants a tight bond with their partner, or water sign Pisces who wants it all.
Guy # 2: The Sugar Relationship
Are you looking for a guy (or gal) to sweep you off your feet and take care of you? It may be a good idea to look for a sugar daddy/sugar baby fetish relationship. That said, be careful when picking your daddy (or mama), baby. Here’s the best and worst daddy’s out there:
- Best sugar daddy or mama: If you’re looking for lots of gifts and expensive meals, pick a self-indulgent Taurus who always wants to give you more to treat you like you are the prince(ess) you knows you are. You may also want to look for Aquarius lovers who are known as the “sweetest under the sun” and who lives to make the world a better place. Finally, caring, sweet, and totally head-over-heels Libra makes an affectionate lover who wants to treat you right.
- Worst sugar daddy or mama: Unless you like the idea of being taken care of without having much in-person attention, you should probably avoid overachieving workaholic Capricorn who would prefer to put a full day in at the office
Guy # 3: The Booty Call
If you are a Sun sign, odds are you are down for the occasional booty call. Maybe it’s a friend or an ex-lover who you just can’t quit, but you’re OK with the arrangement because neither of you are looking for more. This type of unattached relationship is best for fetish-fueled Geminis who never say no to a good time, and pleasure-seeking Aires and Scorpios.
But booty calls aren’t great for everyone, especially those who tend to get attached and can’t separate lust from love. If you’re a not-so-spontaneous Aquarius, a Pisces who believes everyone is their soulmate or a non-impulsive Virgo, it’s best to wait for a more steady relationship.
Guy # 4: The High School Sweetheart Who Got Away
You never forget your first love. Marrying your high school crush is super romantic, but it requires a star sign who is loyal and committed to the end. The signs most likely to pull this Hallmark movie scene off are the totally stubborn-but-loyal Tauruses, who tend to date for the commitment as well as safe and secure Cancer who wants nothing more than to fall in love and stay in love. You might also be inclined to date for life if you’re a romantic and dreamy Pisces.
Guy # 5: “The One”
At the end of the day, there are a lot of people who just aren’t cut out for one-night stands or booty calls. If you’re the type of person who wants a real and committed relationship, you might want to look for people with star signs that are aligned with your own. Of course, star alignment doesn’t account for everything, so there’s no reason a Taurus couldn’t end up with a Libra for life, but it may be a way to find someone a little more compatible. Consider the following:
- If you’re a passionate Aries, consider dating a Leo, Sagittarius, or Libra
- If you’re a connected Taurus, a Capricorn, Pisces, or Scorpio
- Intellectual Geminis might want to consider Libra, Aquarius, or Aries
- Emotionally-secure Cancer should look for Scorpio, Taurus, or Capricorn
- Heart-led Leo might want to date Aries, Sagittarius, or Libra
- If you’re a more analytical Virgo, consider a Taurus, Pisces, or Capricorn
- For the experienced Libra, an Aquarius, Gemini, or Sagittarius might work
- Soulmate-led Scorpio should look for Cancer, Capricorn, or Taurus
- For the independent Sagittarius, consider dating a Leo, Aries, or Libra
- Ever-social Capricorns might want to date Virgo, Taurus, or Cancer
- If you’re a curious Aquarius, look for Libra, Gemini, or Sagittarius
- For the hopeless-romantic Pisces, a Cancer, Taurus, or Capricorn might be best
There has never been a better time to explore your dating style than right now! A lot of people are meeting new singles on apps and through friends. There’s no reason you can’t get in on the action. Start swiping, hitting up your old high school friends for connections, or asking around to see if you know anyone looking for something serious. If you keep putting yourself out there, you’re bound to find the relationship best suited for your star sign (and your current life goals).